Friday, November 18, 2011

Nothing lasts forever. Even cold November rain.

Class got over at 12, and I came out to find that it was raining. Actually it was more of a light drizzle, and I could quite easily have cycled home with the cool wind in my face, but no. I had convinced myself that it was raining heavily enough to warrant the use of my raincoat. Mainly to show the whole world how brilliant I was to have thought of bringing it along that day.

It took a good 5 minutes to get it out of the bag, button all the buttons and zip all the zips, but despite a couple of o_o expressions from the patients, I was finally ready to face a thunderstorm if I had to. The problem? It had stopped raining.

Obviously it’d be too much of a pain to remove the thing and pack it up again, so I cycled the whole 15 minutes home with enough insulation to keep a polar bear in a blizzard warm, sweating buckets all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment