Monday, December 12, 2011

My brain gives me career advice through the years


1st standard – I’m gonna be a train driver! I’m gonna blow the horn, I’m gonna go fast, I’m gonna take people places, I’m gonna stop at stations, I’m gonna be a train driver!
2nd standard – Green is my favourite colour. Signal lights are green. Trains have signal lights. I like trains.
3rd standard to 5th standard – Too busy watching Nickelodeon to care
6th standard – Wow physics is boring. I like plants. I like gardening. I’ll be a botanist.
8th standard – Wow physics is so interesting! I’ll be an engineer.
9th standard – Who wants to go around pouring concrete and cement together? I’ll be this awesome doctor person who’ll just sit in his chair and not do any work
10th standard – “Oh hi! Hey you’re bleeding. YOURE BLEEDING! Don’t come near me!!”
11th standard – Ok so blood isn’t my thing. Heyy! Genetics! That’s got biology, that’s got plants, that’s got maths. It’s perfect!
12th standard – Botany is stupid.  Zoology is stupid. Biology is stupid. Maths is fun. Physics is fun. Engineering it is.
College application time – WHY are there so many different types of engineering! Everyone’s taking ECE, my friend’s taking EEE, my father’s telling me to take chemical engineering and not even think about civil engineering. And chemical engineering sounds so… um… insanely boring (to put it mildly).
I think I better just take medicine.
1st year – This is way better than I expected. No lessons about cows and plants and what not.
3rd year – Oh great, now there are lessons on insects and latrines
Last Saturday – The following is a sequential representation of what happened to me while I was watching someone’s dressing being changed on their first post-op day







I would've been such an awesome train driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment