Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CityVille: The farmers got rich and moved to the city to spam your wall again

I didnt expect three days of holidays to turn out to be so unbelievably boring.

So boring, in fact, that I un-blocked CityVille and actually gave it a shot. I now have a city hall and 100+ people living in my thriving city, which is very imaginatively called "My City".

It said it would only allow me to play if I agreed to give it a bunch of permissions, one of which was to mark my unread notifications as "read". I assume that's an anti-spam feature. Spam the person, but dont let them know they were spammed; it's win-win for everyone.

Pity the anti-spam thing didnt also include email, because I've got two emails already telling me that I can claim my very own fountain for free. I'm sure that the city people would have loved a new fountain, but when I clicked the link, it started being very evasive and told me the page wouldnt load or something.

I for one was devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment